- Transitions: George Mason U. Names Next President; Whitworth U. Selects ProvostGregory Washington will become chief executive of George Mason this summer.Â Whitworth's provost comes from North Park University, in Chicago.
- Colleges Pull Back From Italy and South Korea as Coronavirus SpreadsThe response includes new restrictions on international travel, suspension of study-abroad programs, and shifting to online education. And other news of global higher ed.
- These Colleges Encourage Their Students to Seek Fulbrights. Here’s How It Pays Off.While winning awards can raise institutional prestige and even provide a recruiting edge, fellowship advisers say students reap the biggest gains by putting themselves through the process of applying.
- Colleges Brace for More-Widespread Outbreak of CoronavirusIn the wake of federal warnings, they are putting plans and cautions in place and even preparing to close, if necessary.
- ‘Consultant Fatigue’ Is Real. How Can Colleges Learn to Welcome Outside Advisers?A trip to Fort Lewis College, which is embarking on two years of free âturnaroundâ advising, yielded some answers.
- To Be a Good Leader, You Need to Be a Good Follower, Vice President SaysâGood followers have to get along with people of different backgrounds,â says Frances Villagran-Glover, vice president for student services at Northern Virginia Community College.