- The Almanac of Higher Education 2019-20Numbers paint a portrait of higher education's strengths and weaknesses: how well and equitably colleges serve students and how institutions fare financially.
- A Football Coach Told His Players to Donate to the Booster Club. Now His University Says It’s Just ‘Strongly Encouraged.’Billy Napier told his players on Wednesday they would be required to become dues-paying members of the Raginâ Cajun Athletics Foundation. The university has since walked back his comments, but player advocates say the attitude is the real problem.
- Just in Time for Fall Term, a Cyberattack Forces an Entire College’s Systems OfflineDespite a âsevereâ malware attack, the Stevens Institute of Technology says it believes no personal data have been exploited.
- Princeton Climate Scientists Tried to Ignore a Campus Skeptic. Then He Went to the White House.William Happerâs move to science adviser to President Trump raises questions about how scholars should respond when facing outsidersâ attacks on their foundational knowledge. Â Â
- Trans Students Are Found Far More Likely Than Others to Suffer From a Host of Psychological ProblemsA benchmark new study shows that more than half of transgender, gender-nonconforming, and gender-nonbinary college students suffer from depression and inflict self-injury.
- How Calling on Random Students Could Hurt WomenA psychologist argues that professors should encourage students to participate without singling out anyone. Â